The boyfriend and I made these the other day while we were prepping meals. It’s a super simple recipe and tasty.
1 lb of ground beef (preferably grass fed. You can use ground turkey/chicken/pork as well. Entirely up to you. For this one we used beef.)
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1 large sweet potato (Cook it in the oven or steam it or however you want to cook it. Peel it and mash it)
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 garlic gloves chopped/sliced/diced etc.
Herbs and Spices. To be honest I have no idea what the boyfriend threw into the bowl. I told him to have at it and he did. My guess… Rosemary, black pepper, oregano, onion powder. If there is a spice or herb that you like then throw it in there. Make it however you want it.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F
2. Get a muffin pan and grease it up with coconut oil, butter, EVOO… You don’t want your muffins to stick to the pan.
3. Take all of the ingredients and mix it together. Use your hands! Get in there and just mash it up! HULK MASH!!
4. Evenly distribute the mixture amongst the muffin tins.
5. Pop em in the oven for 30 minutes and when they’re done let them cool down a bit before taking them out before serving.
Now one of them will fill me up if I just need a snack after the gym. If I’m having lunch, two of these bad boys and a side of veggies satisfy the hunger.
This recipe is quick and easy. Not much prep needs to go into making this dish. The sweet potato you would have to cook beforehand, but other than that it’s simple. What I would do to change it up a bit is perhaps line the muffin tins with bacon. I ❤ bacon… I will have to throw my meatloaf recipe on here one of these days. There’s a bit more prep that goes into making a whole loaf of meat, but it’s SO worth the time and the effort. Again, the above recipe is simple and easy. ENJOY!