I made this dish last night because I had defrosted a bag of chicken and I was meal prepping for lunch. It’s one of my favorite recipes to make because it’s super easy and you could pretty much substitute the chicken for other meat. Please note that I do not measure when I cook so the measurements listed below are guesstimates. Please add the minimum amount of seasoning first and when the dish is cooked add more a little at a time until it is to your liking. Oh and I used a pan that I had a cover for.
CURRY CHICKEN AND SPINACH
2 chicken legs
2 chicken thighs
2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
3 cups of chicken stock
2 roma tomatoes (cut into wedges and seeded)
1 small yellow onion (cut 4 times. I really don’t know how to explain this. See pic below.)
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
Couple handfuls of spinach
1-8 oz. box of coconut milk
Yellow Curry Powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your pan on medium heat and melt coconut oil. When done preheating put in your chicken.
2. Cook on each side for about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add Onions and let cook for 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes and let cook for 1 minute. To mix the onion and tomatoes up in the pan so that everything is cooking evenly, I used tongs.
5. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Pour coconut milk into pan and let simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
7. Pour chicken stock and let simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add spinach and cover pan for 2-3 minutes.
9. All done!! Serve in a bowl and ENJOY!!