I love food and I love to cook. Sometimes when I’m eating lunch I think, “What am I going to have for dinner?” I have food in front of me so it’s only natural that I would think about food while it’s staring me in the face. I also like to think ahead. Especially if it’s something that I can control.
You will come to know in time that I am a big fan of bacon. I even bake with bacon. Bacon is frickin’ delicious! Anyone who says differently is selling something. Like… Turkey Bacon or Soy Bacon. NOT REAL BACON!! Why would you do that to yourself?!
I’m not quite sure where I cam across the recipe for the L.S.A Salad. I might have gotten it in an email, or I might have googled it. However it came into my life I certainly appreciate it. I don’t think there were any leftovers after PaleoBoyfriend (He needs a better nickname…) and I got through with it. Both dishes are pretty much appetizers, but there’s nothing wrong with that right?
As I do not do much measuring when I cook I will have to let you know that all measurements in the recipe below are guesstimates. In regards to seasoning, please add a little at a time and add more to taste. Only you will know how much seasoning to put. You know what you like, so please use your best judgment.
BACON WRAPPED SCALLOPS
1-2 pounds of Scallops
1 package of uncured bacon
salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1. Fire up the grill!! You want medium high heat.
2. Depending on how big your scallops are, you can either cut your bacon in half and wrap, or just use the whole bacon. I this case, I cut them in half.
3. Hopefully, the two ends of the bacon overlap each other. This is where you want to insert the skewer so that it’ll stay together when you’re cooking. If you have the long skewers you can easily put 2-3 scallops on one stick. I didn’t smoosh them together. I left room for the heat to be able to cook all sides of the bacon. I wanted the bacon to be as crispy as possible.
4. Once you have stabbed all of your scallops you can season them. To be honest, I didn’t season mine at all. The bacon was my seasoning.
5. By now, your grill should be preheated. Place your scallops bacon side down. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. It’ll be done when the scallop is opaque in color.
LIME SHRIMP AVOCADO SALAD
1-2 avocados (diced)
1-2 pounds of fresh shrimps (shelled, de-veined, cooked and then chopped. Entirely up to you how much shrimp you want. Shrimp is tasty!)
2-3 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
1 jalapeno (seeded and diced fine)
1 small chopped red onion (or white or yellow. either is fine)
2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 limes (You’re gonna cut these in half and squeeze the juice out)
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and fresh pepper to taste
1. Cook your shrimp if you haven’t already. If you have then go to #2.
2. Combine all of your ingredients into one bowl and mix. Add salt and pepper to your taste.
Plate your food and serve to someone you love. Unless you’re hoarding it for yourself (and I wouldn’t blame you if you did because it’s DEE-LISH!!) then go ahead and chow down!!