I think chicken is amazing. I also think bacon is amazing, and when the two combine it’s like heaven in my mouth. I came up with this recipe a couple months ago and its inspiration was through PaleoJoe’s Mother. She was making dinner for the family and I was helping her a bit with it. When I was thinking about what to eat at home I remembered the dish that she had made and thought… “Hmmm… I can do that.” I didn’t have the same ingredients in my fridge so I had to alter it a bit. Then I saw the bacon and thought, “GENIUS!!” So here’s the recipe…
Please note that I didn’t measure when I was cooking so all measurements are guesstimates. Please use your best judgment.
BACON WRAPPED STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
2 chicken breasts (Cut in 1/2, so now you have pieces)
1 package of uncured bacon
1 small package of white mushrooms (sliced, and please note that you may not use all of the mushrooms so cut up maybe 10 of them.)
10 cloves of garlic (sliced)
Dubliner Cheese (See picture HERE, and I am pretty sure it was this size package. I sliced it as thin as I could and I am pretty sure I used about 1/2 of this.)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Smash your chicken breast as flat as you can.
2. Season your chicken with the salt and pepper.
3. Place Garlic, cheese and mushrooms on your chicken breast. You don’t want too much because you want to be able to roll your chicken up.
4. Before you handle the chicken, get a frying pan and preheat it. Medium to medium high heat.
5. Roll the chicken as tight as possible. Place chicken seam side down and any stuffing pieces that fell out, shove em back in.
6. Wrap chicken with bacon. Try to have the end pieces of the bacon match up with the seam of the chicken.
7. By now, your pan should be hot. Place chicken seam side down. Cook for about 7-10 minutes on each side. Watch your food!! If the bacon starts burning, take chicken off pan and turn down the heat. replace after a couple of minutes. Resume cooking.
8. DONE!! Take chicken out and serve with a side of choice. For this one, I roasted yams.