Have I mentioned that I am particularly fond of chicken? There’s so much you can do with it, and it is very good at absorbing flavor. I would have to say that I favor the dark meat more than I do the white only because it has more fat. And fat is tasty! For this particular recipe I used the white meat/breast.
PaleoJoe and I like to prepare our meals ahead of time. I am kind of a control freak and can get in the zone when I’m cooking. I would prefer that no one get in my way, but since we’re a team and PaleoJoe knows how to work with me in the kitchen, cooking with him is enjoyable. So a big thank you to my love for being awesome! 😛
Okay, back to the recipe. Please note that I don’t measure when I’m cooking. The measurements below are guesstimates. I recommend that you season your food with just a little bit of seasoning and then after it’s all cooked then you can taste it and add more to your liking.
SPINACH AND THREE CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast (Get your aggression out and smash that meat flat! Makes it easier to roll when it’s all the same thickness.)
3-4 tablespoons of shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup of ricotta cheese
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
3 clovees of garlic (minced or sliced. up to you how thick you want your garlic)
3 handfuls of baby spinach
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Salt and pepper (and any other seasoning you would like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Heat skillet with coconut oil on medium to medium high heat. Add baby spinach and cook til wilted.
3. Put spinach to side to cool off.
4. In a bowl, add the three cheeses, 1 egg, and garlic. Mix.
5. By now, your spinach has cooled down a bit. Add spinach to bowl and mix.
6. Season your chicken if you haven’t already. In the center of each chicken breast you want to plop down your cheese mixture.
7. Time to roll!
8. On a baking sheet, drizzle olive oil or coconut oil (whichever you prefer) and then place your chicken seam side down.
9. Pop it in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes on each side. Make sure you flip!
10. When all is said and done, take out chicken, serve and ENJOY!
I think the next time I make this I’ll have the chicken sitting in a pesto marinade. That’ll give it tons more flavor! If you’re not Paleo or Gluten Free, then I would suggest serving this over some pasta noodles and pesto/tomato/or cream sauce. Mmm… tasty… The stuffed chicken breast was a meal all it’s own so I didn’t need to eat it with a side. Anyhoo… enjoy!