Last week I took the kids to the grocery store and I asked them what they wanted to eat for dinner. They said that they wanted chicken and bacon and rice. I told them that they had to pick a vegetable and so they chose broccoli. When I’m cooking with the kids I like to try and have them help as much as they can. If one is off washing dishes while the other is helping me season the dish then that works too!
For this recipe there really isn’t much to it. It’s a very simple recipe. You know me by now… Bacon is my favorite flavoring! 😛
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN THIGHS and BROCCOLI
1 head of broccoli (chopped into pieces)
1 package of uncured bacon
1 pound of chicken thighs
3-4 tablespoons of Coconut oil or butter
Seasoning (salt, pepper, parsley, etc. Whatever you like!)
1. Grab your pans and preheat them on the stove at medium high heat.
2. In one pan, put the butter or oil and let it melt.
3. Toss in the broccoli and cook til it is at the tenderness that you like. I would say about 7-10 minutes. (I like to season my broccoli after it’s been cooked that way I can give it a taste and if it needs more seasoning I add more. I usually just salt and pepper it. Sometimes for a kick I’ll add chili or cayenne powder, and sometimes even red pepper flakes.)
4. While your broccoli is cooking, season the thighs and then wrap in bacon. Try and make sure you have the ends of the bacon meet on the same side.
5. Place your meat seam side down onto the pan and cook on all sides until the bacon has browned and crispied up. This will be about 15-20 minutes of cook time.
6. When all is said and done, plate up your food all fancy and take pictures! I mean… serve and enjoy!